NATIONS CUP SQUAD ANNOUNCED FOR HOME LEG OF 2019 SERIES
The Saracen Horse Feeds Houghton International Horse Trials, on 23 – 26 May, will kick off the 2019 FEI Nations Cup series with a British team of up and coming talent.
The selected squad, in alphabetical order, are:
- Richard Coney (20) riding his own and Wendy Coney’s 11 year old bay gelding Kananaskis
- Piggy French (38) on Jennifer Saunders’ 11 year old bay gelding Cooley Monsoon
- Eliza Stoddart (26) and the Flint Syndicate’s 12 chestnut gelding Dick O Malley
- Bubby Upton (20) and Amy O’Connor and Rachel Upton’s 16 year old gelding Fernhill Rock Star
The British squad of four, who will compete on home soil for the first leg of the seven leg CCIO4*-S series, sees three riders, and all four horses, receive their first senior team call up for Team GBR. Led by GB team stalwart and recent Badminton CCI5*-L and team World Championship gold medallist, Piggy French is joined by Richard Coney, Eliza Stoddart and Bubby Upton, who will all make their first senior team appearance.
Great Britain will head to the opening of the 2019 FEI Nations Cup series on home soil and as defending champions following their win on a total of 94 points last year. The 2019 series calendar is as follows:
- 23-26 May: Houghton International, Great Britain
- 5-8 June: Pratoni Del Vivaro, Italy
- 27-30 June: Strzegom, Poland
- 24-29 July: Camphire Cappoquin, Ireland
- 7-13 August: Le Pin au Haras, France
- 19-22 September: Waregem, Belgium
- 10-13 October: Boekelo, Netherlands